Friday, April 11, 2014

The Diary of a Wimpy Teacher

Today is my last day in Puerto Rico. I have to say thank you to the following people: Reece Clark, Nathaniel Potts, Breannah Keys, Tara Mason, Kira Edwards, Makai Self, Darius Gilliam, Juliet Jack, Khoran Reynolds, Eugene DeLoatch, Kuron Anderson, Reece Marcelle, Ayana Burrrowes, Jasmine Orange and Jordan Shelton for encouraging me to go. Initially I was not going to go. I had not been on an airplane since 1998 and had developed a phobia as a result of 911. My homeroom class gave me the blues. "Ms. Lewis you have to go with us!" "You have been our teacher since the third grade!" "This will be our last chance to do something like this...together. You know we're leaving soon."

Needless to say the pressure worked and I caved in. I believe God used them to tug at my heart and remove the chains that were keeping me from experiencing all God has for me. This will be our last hurrah! I feel so blessed that I could share in this experience with them.  Muchas gracias 8th grade!

                                                                                              - Ms. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment