Wednesday, April 9, 2014

  From the gorgeous Puerto Rican landscape to the charming children at the orphanage, God's hand obviously touched this mission.  There were so many memorable moments that I tried to capture all of  them in pictures.
       What was most striking about this experience for me was that I realized that we are all so alike. We all want to be loved, to feel special, and to have a place in the world. As we interacted with the children I realize that we even learn alike.
    For example, I met a precocious four year old who was fascinated with my Samsung tablet.He touched every application as he exercised his fearless intellectual curiosity to  its fullest.  Within three  minutes he not only scrolled through my pictures, he even  accessed my playlist.  As we jammed to " Atomic Dog",  I admired his tenacity and his willingness to take risks.  As I tried to figure out how to turn the music off, I was  convinced that God caused our paths to cross to remind me that all children learn fearlessly until their environments scare it out of them.  This reminder serves as a challenge to me to preserve their intellectual freedom.  Epilogue: I struggled with finding how to turn off the music, the four year old tapped three different areas on the screen and found it in ten seconds. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment