Friday, April 11, 2014

  It's Friday and while we will engage in one more service activity, our mission journey is coming to an end. As I watched the sherbert sunrise, highlights of our experience replay in my mind. Even without looking at my pictures, I can see the  faces of the orphans and staff, remember what it felt like to hold baby Axel, and to hear one of the nuns tell me that I was a "good girl".  There were so many compelling images on this trip.  I was inspired by the students' ability to integrate what they had learned into this experience. For example, they calculated the tax on one of their meals.  They used what they learned in Science to estimate the age of mountains in the rain forest and they applied biblical teachings to minister and care for the children in the orphanage.  My takeaways? First that all of us are more alike than different. Second that service must become a part of our very existence and ever day life. Finally, we must have an attitude of gratitude. I am grateful for not only what I have, but also for the strength that God has given me to help others.



No comments:

Post a Comment